Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3rd: October!

Hola Familia,

We are on the north side of Panamá, toward the east; only part of this are is ''city''... We just got back from an adventure in a place called Portobelo. It is an old historic site where some of the pictures are from. We climbed a mountain and were dripping as we reached the top due to the humidity of a jungle. There was also one point where we saw some huge looking spiders, and as we were leaving we saw one that looked half dead on the leg of Elder Savio. That was a fun adventure.

This week we had been working pretty hard to get people to conference, but not one of our investigators went... But we were able to feel great joy because after the second session (which had some great talks for less active people) we saw the mom of a less active family we met this week. She went! it was interesting meeting her because most inactive people can barely talk about the restored gospel, but she seemed like a strong member only recently inacive....

Elder Harmer and I have found a few new positive people. Hopefully they will progress, but it looks like there really isn't anyone else that I will be able to baptize before I leave.. We will probably move the baptisms of the two children to next Saturday though in order to finish reviewing the lessons...

We had done divisions on Tuesday, the newbie, Elder Zimmerman from Utah came with me. I think he will be a great missionary. Oh! did you guys know that the guy James B Martino who gave the prayer on the Sunday Morning session is the guy in the photo? now you do! I thought that was pretty exciting.

Hey, 2 questions...: Do you guys know when I will be released? and my license expires on my birthday, so I don't know if there is anything need to be done for that...Jon, I don't really know what places from memory, but I trust your judgment. Do you know when I can sign up for classes?

Bueno, I guess that's all until next week...

Love,
Elder Niendorf

No comments:

Post a Comment