Monday, October 3, 2011

September 12th: Next Wednesday is changes...

Hola Familia,

I hope all is going well. We have had an interesting week. We got three baptisms, one the husband of a member, and another couple that we got married also got batpized. This computer is pretty wack, so I don't know if I will be able to send any photos of the baptism. But I had never been so nervous before a baptism. Everything went very well, I baptized the Hno. Franco, the new husband. My comp. baptized the husband of the member (a big guy), and the new wife's brother, a 19 year old recent convert, baptized her. Oh, also I did my second confirmation in my life, the husband of the member had asked that I do it. I love my life, so many new experiences.

So their marriage was quite an ordeal, there were so many problems that came up that we almost thought that it had failed. At the very end, the judge who is a member said that we HAD to show up before 5 pm and it was 5:01 when we saw the husband near the building (he had just gotten off work at 430 and the bus wasn't going to leave, so he walked.) We rushed upstairs and everything turned out well.

The only bad news is that one of our most positive families had some members in our last lesson. But the dad, who was into the message, told us last night that he needs time to think due to some commentaries he had received that he wouldn't tell us about... Other than that we don't really have anyone positive progressing right now. I still have my journal updated up to every day.

My area is called Cativá, in the zone/province of Colón. We had some problems with missionaries, so President Ward came out to try and sort everythign out...But me and my companion Elder Harmer are loving our ward and the work here. We are probably going to have to focus on finding new people this week though, some investigators seem to just slip through our fingers and there's nothing we can do about it...
Joshua never writes me but I still love him.

Love you tons,
Elder Niendorf

No comments:

Post a Comment